Brexit Update Webinar – What will happen next?
With the EU Withdrawal Bill given final backing by the UK Parliament the UK will cease to become a member of the EU on 31 January 2020 and enter an 11 month transition period as “a third country”. This webinar will examine the impact of Brexit and the implementation period on the regulation of Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and IVD
s in the UK. Our expert speaker Dr David Jefferys will discuss issues including:-
- Where are we now and what are the timescales going forward
- What preparations should Industry be making?
- What does the Implementation Period mean – for industry and for the MHRA – what will and won’t be be allowed?
- The scenarios that might occur in 11 months at the end of the implementation period
- How will the role of the MHRA be affected in this period?
- What is the position for Inspections, especially GMP and GCP
- What will happen with the new EU Medical Device Regulation coming into force in May 2020?
- What will the situation be in Northern Ireland?
- What might future Mutual Recognition Agreements cover?
The webinar will include a 45 minute presentation by Dr Jefferys, followed by a discussion session, to enable you to ask your individual questions on the outstanding issues.
Dr David Jefferys is Senior Vice President for Global Regulatory,Government Relations, Public Affairs and Patient Safety (EMEA, Russia
and Australasia) at Eisai. After qualifying, he worked in clinical and academic medicine before spending 20 years as a senior regulator for both medicines and medical devices. He was executive director of the UK Medicines Control Agency, CEO and Director of the MDA and joint CEO of the MHRA. He was involved in the establishment of the European Medicines Agency, is a CPMP/CHMP member and Chair of the MRFG and PER scheme. For the last ten years he has worked in industry and chairs several key committees for ABPI,EFPIA and IFPMA.
|6 Mar 2020
|6 Mar 2020
+ VAT @ 20.00%